Dr Vito Di Maio
Istituto di Cibernetica “E. Caianiello” del CNR
Via Campi Flegrei 34, 80078, Pozzuoli (NA), Italy
Born: 4th March 1956 in Casamicciola (NA), Italy
- Degree in Biological Sciences University of Naples
- Post graduate Fellow at the Department of Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Naples Federico II
- Researcher at the Institute Cybernetics of Italian National Research Council (CNR)
- Co-operate in a joint project between Italian National Research Council and the Academy of Sciences of Czechoslovak republic (from 1992 Czech Republic).
- Principal investigator of the research project “Correlation analysis of electrophysiological cortical signals: neural models and visual perception”
- Invited Lecturer at the international school “Biocybernetics of Vision: Integrative mechanisms and cognitive processes ” organized by GNCB-CNR in honor of professor E. Caianiello (16-22th October, Ischia, Italy).
- From February to July Guest Professor at the Dept. Of Physiology of University of Bologna
- From April to July Guest Professor at the Dept. Of Physiology of University of Bologna
- Italian-side leader researcher of the International Joint Research Project between Italian National Research Council and Academy of Sciences of The Czech Republic entitled “Modeling of synaptic integration in a single neuron: neurotransmitter diffusion and post-synaptic events”
- Contract Professor of “Probability Computation and Mathematical Statistics” at Faculty of Sciences Mat. Phys. and Natural of University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy.
- General Chair of the Symposium “1stInternational Symposium on Brain Vision and Artificial Intelligence “ (BVAI2005), Napoli, Palazzo Serra di Cassano, 19-21st October 2005.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Symposium “2ndInternational Symposium on Brain Vision and Artificial Intelligence”, Napoli, Palazzo Serra di Cassano, 10-12 October 2007.
- Member of the Council of Institute of the Institute of Cybernetics “E. Caianiello” of CNR.
- Responsible of the researcher project of CNR “Neuronal electrical activity and Signal Transduction”
- Scientific staff of Istituto di Scienze Applicate e Sistemi Intelligenti “E. Caianiello” del CNR
- 2002-2003 “Probability Computation and Mathematical Statistics” at Faculty of Sciences Mat. Phys. and Natural of University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy.
Editorial Boards and Editorial Activity
- De Gregorio, V. Di Maio, M. Frucci and C. Musio (Eds., 2005) “Brain Vision and Artificial Intelligence”, Lecture Notes In Computer Sciences (LNCS 3704), Springer.
- From 2007-2009 – Member of the Advisory and Editorial Board of “The open Cybernetics and Systemics Journal”, Bentham Publisher LTD, Holland.
- 2007-2008- Guest Editor of Brain Researcher for the Special Issue “Vision and Brain”, Elsevier.
- From 2013 Member of the Editorial Board of “International Journal of Scientific research and reports”
- From 2013 Member of Editorial Board of “Journal of Basic and Applied Research International”
Activity as International Referee
- Mathematical Biosciences
- Physica D
- Medical Sciences Monitor
- Cognitive Neurodynamics
- Biological Cybernetics
- Brain, Vision and Artificial Intelligence (BVAI 2005), Lectur Notes In Computer Sciences (LNCS 3704), Springer Verlag
- Advances in Brain, Vision and Artificial Intelligence (BVAI 2007), Lecture Notes In Computer Sciences (LNCS 4729), Springer Verlag
- Perceptual and Motor Skills, Ammons Editor, LTD
- Cognitive Systems and Research
- Biochemical and Biophysical Acta Biomembranes
Experienced in :
- Patch clamp of single neuron
- Models of synaptic transmission
- Neuronal modeling
- Visual Perception of Geometrical Figures
- Extracellular electrophysiological recordings and signal analysis
- Computer programming: Basic, Visual basic Professional, C++
- Computer system Management: Linux and Windows