The ISASI Lecce’s Unit is node of the national association CVPL.it founded by E. Caianiello and studies in the footsteps of the ISASI founder (former Institute of Cybernetics), data and model driven computational models, for the representation of information contained in varying space-time data. The main research activities of the secondary office in Lecce concern ICT technologies for social and industrial challenges.
In particular, the skills present refer to the scientific sectors of information technology, engineering, and legal information technology.
Their applications range within the themes of Social and Industrial Challenges:
- Computer Vision and pattern recognition for medical imaging
- Embedded physical cyber systems
- Intelligent video surveillance systems
- Artificial vision and robotics for the development of assistive technologies
- Mapping, Survey and Inspection by drones
- Artificial intelligence models for advanced manufacturing and healthcare systems
- Security and privacy in online social networks
- Blockchain technologies
- Legal information technology, e-Justice, e-Government
In 2011, ISASI Lecce researchers won the CNR-ilSole24Ore StartCup Award and the TelecomItalia-PNICube National Award for Innovation Working Capital in the ICT sector for the development of an optical device in Digital Advertising.
In 2012, the President of the Senate of the Republic of Italy and the Minister of the Education, University and Research, awarded the ISASI researchers of Lecce with the “Prize of Prizes” for innovation. In 2014 the young ISASI PhD students won the Lamark SMAU Bari Prize for the “Saracen” social innovation project: an intelligent humanoid robot for fragile subjects.
Head of Unit
c/o DHiTech scarl Campus Universitario
Via Monteroni, snc – 73100 Lecce (LE) – Puglia